GO TO THE NEW THEANIMPLANET.COM
Please select an action.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please select an action.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you guys get into animating?

+7
Zans
Zackie
Special Effect
NubbyGG
blackstickman
Obi Revolution
Pwnzaz
11 posters

Go down

How did you guys get into animating? Empty How did you guys get into animating?

Post by Pwnzaz Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Well i thought this would be an interesting subject to talk about Very Happy

Uhm one day i was playing a flash game, and i clicked on this random link which brought up an easytoons animation, you know that famous Door thing? where the stickman shoots lazers and ends up exploding the earth? well yeah i wondered how it was made, and i found out the program and i had a little go at it, but i sucked Laughing then i found out about pivot and i was really proud of the things i made even though they were absolutely terrible Smile then i joined animation forums and noticed people with amazing animations in good quality, unlike pivot and easytoon, which i later found out was Macromedia/Adobe flash Uber happy A long wait later, i got flash! I created all these stupid animations and i was terrible and i got really upset and wondered how those other animations were so good...PC Tablet...i got a good A4 one of ebay and when i got used to it i started drawing alot and then just yesterday decided to try an animation with it,i made 2 animations (my first normal looking anims) and i compared them to other peoples firsts, and they look like inter to me! i dont want to sound big headed or boastful but thats how i feel Smile So, how did you get into animating?

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 21
Member experience: : 5608
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

How did you guys get into animating? Empty Re: How did you guys get into animating?

Post by Obi Revolution Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Well, me, I have always been watching animations on Newgrounds since I was 12 but I always found the movies really entertaining. I loved sprite movies (and still do) so I got the trial version of flash and made a couple of sprite movies using Sonic the HEdgehog and Megaman X sprites. They sucked, and the trial ran out, so I quit. The first stick movie I watched was Stick Wars Episode 1, which a close friend showed to me one day and i loved watching the movies. I didn't have an interest in making stick animations until I saw SHOCK1 though, and then I wanted to create stick animations. I used to have binders of little stick levels that I would have planned out in my head. I was never able to get flash because it was expensive, so I looked for an alternate program to animate. Watching a movie by Sektor Z, I discovered TISFAT and join the TISFAT forums and began animating with that. A little into that, my cousin, who made flash website templates and sold them to people for money was going to college and gave me his version of flash. I used TISFAT mostly, because I still sucked with flash, and then I made Street Fight and starting using flash full time. Now I'm intermediate ranked at the TISFAT forums, and I animate with flash. Smile
Obi Revolution
Obi Revolution
Experienced
Experienced

Number of posts : 112
Member experience: : 6088
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Stats
Credits: 100

Back to top Go down

How did you guys get into animating? Empty Re: How did you guys get into animating?

Post by blackstickman Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm

One day, when I was 9 (I Think) me and my friend saw a Joe Zombie animation but back then I didnt know that flash exist .So me and ma friends started to draw comics about stickfigure (XD lol) but ya I lost interest... Some years after, I found Pivot and decided to make some test but, you know, this software suk alot :/. So I searched for a better one and found Flash wich I downloaded flash 8. From then I am currectly still with this program and still animating... XD.
blackstickman
blackstickman
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 18
Member experience: : 5568
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by NubbyGG Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Ok, so me and my best friend Alex but he's also known as Swank coz he animates too lol, Ok well, one day I went over to his house then we went on stickpage and watch pretty much like all the anims on there, so we watched killing spree, few days later me and him start drawing stick comic things and then we started animating in Powerpoint :|(NEVER EVER DO IT LIKE EVER) I only did like one anim. Then my friend got flash and we've been animating ever since Very Happy Fun Stuff, Unbalanced gave me the push to start animating baby lips
NubbyGG
NubbyGG
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 104
Member experience: : 5968
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Stats
Credits: 400

http://www.ink-anims.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnzaz Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 pm

wow these all sound similar Very Happy

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 21
Member experience: : 5608
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Effect Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:11 am

I didnt get into flash. Flash got into me.

I swear it wasnt as sus as that made it sound.

Special Effect
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 61
Member experience: : 5856
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackie Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:24 am

I watched the release of Xiao Xiao 9. Was greatly inspired. Then came, Blue2 anims, then Joe zombie and Killing spree. I meet toughluck and he taught me the basics of animation, so did Oscar.

My first animation was in paint. I compiled about 100 paint pictures into one 3 mins animation.

Zackie
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 147
Member experience: : 6172
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Stats
Credits: 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Zans Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 pm

i was in a graphics design class and found flash on the desktop. i started using it and found i was pretty good. later i found tisfat and did decent at that. soon i was able to get flash and start working even further
Zans
Zans
Experienced
Experienced

Number of posts : 45
Member experience: : 5801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Stats
Credits: 250

http://psfa.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Mercenary Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:30 am

I saw Shock 1 by Terkoiz. I then saw madness combat. I then joined Newgrounds. I then got flash.
Dark_Mercenary
Dark_Mercenary
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 71
Member experience: : 5834
Registration date : 2009-04-16

http://raw-anims.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaven Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:04 am

the first anim i've ever seen was xiaoxiao 9(i think).
thats a little more then 1 and a half year ago.
i decided to start animating......with paint Very Happy
.......my very first anim was also a paint anim....
it sucked.
i spended days with searching the web for "stickman animation programm".
after many hard houres of searching i found pivot.
two anims later i searched again cause pivot sucks imo.
so i googled again and found TISFAT.
i stayed with TISFAT and did sum bad anims.
almost a half year went over and i discovered SP.
here i saw some of the best stickmovies.....like shock, castle, killing spree, apache and many more.
i wanted to do this kind of animations too!
but how?
at this time i was the biggest computer noob in the world!
then i clicked one of these anims and selected about flash........i found flash mx 4 and downloaded the trial.
man, i sucked so hard on this.
the only thing i did was a crappy blood anim.
thats why i started with TISFAT again.
another moth later i downloaded the flash 8 trial and watched tons of tuts.
i said my mom that i want to buy this program....a few moth later i got a mail from my grandparents.....
inside:
a flash 8 key!!!!
since there i animate with flash Laughing

(sorry for bad gramma, thats the longest text i've ever wrote in a forum)
Reaven
Reaven
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 22
Member experience: : 5690
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mack Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Found stickpage after playing some games on the site, decided to sign up and i found pivot, few months in i found flash,wizard SL and squid and i got awesome baby lips lol
mack
mack
Experienced
Experienced

Number of posts : 103
Member experience: : 5962
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Stats
Credits: broke

Back to top Go down

How did you guys get into animating? Empty Blasters biografi how ever you write it '' >.>

Post by Blaster Tue May 12, 2009 10:50 pm

xD well were do i start?...
well when i had 10 years i liked to draw DBZ characters xD and other things >.>, me and my best friend called (juanjo) used to make comics and showed them to my other friends xD lol i still laugh of the comics we made. He made a comic named "mission explosion" (in spanish >.>) .And after a while he came out with these flipbooks of stickfigures funny stuff xD and i thought it was really cool so... well i still make some >.> but most of threw them to the trash :/ well my mom threw my animations xD so after doing that i got tired of making like 5 seconds of stickfigures animations (stickmations) so i was looking for animation programs and saw a lot of animations but in one year i coudnt find any animation programs :/ but i saw in youtube like the door animation of ez toon but in pivot i thought it was very cool and in the credits they mentioned the program pivot so im like heck yeah!!!
and looked for that program and found it animated with that program for about 6 or 5 months xD i uploaded some pivot animations to youtube xD my username is alecuchiha18 just in case you want to see my bad animations of pivot ;P well anyway...
and right in like the 4 month i discovered Flash 8 and saw a tutorial of how to animate in flash and >.> i thought it was better pivot cause theres one animation that shows you like the noob type no easing or moves blablabla so i used pivot for one more month or 2 but i find a way to make animations and in computer class i made a animation with paint and power point of a stick figure dancing, -.- trust me its a waste of time xD but my teacher liked it :P after wasting all that time of animations i discovered the "stickpage" (i think i discovered at google dont really remeber >.>) so i was watching animations there and i discovered the classic "SHOCK 1 and 2" when i saw that insted of enjoynig it i cuestioned myself how the heck did terkoiz do that so i was looking for tutorials at stickpage and i saw a hyun tutorial Very Happy so i finally learned the proper way to animate in flash and after that i found the v cam and started doing animations and here i am Smile making more and more animations hoping to become an amazing animator (recognized) but for now im just practising and i want make my own cartoon well... anime :P but thats future xD
ohh yeah i forgot! xD i made a comic really big almost a whole notebook when i was in 6 grade xD but my notebook got throwen again (yes my mom >.>) and at 7 grade i started again but this one was whole notebook (100 pages 10 squares each)and continuing in an other notebook Smile im right now in 8 grade so ive been making a little more of the comic but i got lazy and i havent continuing xD im lazy and i started an other comic of blaster and other friends xP and they like it Very Happy and well i gues thats it. Smile to bad "JUANJO doesnt make animations with me Sad hes to lazy >.> and my other friends -.- i draw better with my left than them with there right -.- and im right handed >.< but anyway '---, ---,

srry xD got pertty inspired xD
btw thanks juanjo for making me get interested in animations Smile
Blaster
Blaster
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 131
Member experience: : 6064
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Stats
Credits: broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down