GO TO THE NEW THEANIMPLANET.COM
Please select an action.

First anims!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First anims!

Post by Pwnzaz on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm

These are my first 2 animations with my new tablet, they look amazing compared to my stupid mouse animations!

http://stonesbucket.com/upload/view_upload.php?id=tNP2aSOp - Anim 1

http://stonesbucket.com/upload/view_upload.php?id=MJUtGhTY - Anim 2

im only new to flash so please C&C baby lips

EDIT: heres another anim Uber happy http://stonesbucket.com/upload/view_upload.php?id=5Nhn0KuA

Last edited by Pwnzaz on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 21
Member experience: : 3265
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First anims!

Post by Dannyplatinum13 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:31 pm

You are definitely talented. Please stay here, I would like to see how far you progress in a month. Continue practicing please. So some more besides just a plain black stick.

Admin

Number of posts : 156
Member experience: : 3901
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Stats
Credits: 0

View user profile http://animplanet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpark on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 pm

They look good dude, your on your way, just practice and stuff, throw in some enemies, and you could be awesome Very Happy
BlackSpark
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 113
Member experience: : 3693
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Stats
Credits: broke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NubbyGG on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Lol wow, you definitely have potential I'd like to see more and yeah keep practicing man.
NubbyGG
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 104
Member experience: : 3625
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Stats
Credits: 400

View user profile http://www.ink-anims.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Effect on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 am

Very good. Enjoyed it. Ive noticed people want you to keep practising, and so do I, so ill give you some things to really focus on.

1. Anticipation - Instead of just running along then all of a sudden KICK, you should add a few extra frames of movement to that position. It's like chargig up an attack.
2. Easing - Especially after attacking, you should add multiple frames of eeaassiiingg. So instead of like punch, punch, knee, it should be like Anticipationnnn-Punch-ease down-anticipation-Punchh.

It might sound like im being abit over critical, and thats because (on the main part) I am. Your anim was quite exceptional if you say your new to flash. I am REALLY looking forward to watchiing you progress, and animplanet is the perfect place for it.

Special Effect
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 61
Member experience: : 3513
Registration date : 2009-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnzaz on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow im really pleased! Smile i made another animation with a blue stick doing a jump onto a platform then a front flip drop onto another platform, ill add that now, and SpecialEffect thanks alot for the tips, i dont think your being overly critical, i think your just helping me out Smile so thanks and ill try to add an enemy and then add more over the next few anims

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Mercenary on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:28 pm

That's serious potential. My first animations never looked as good as that. Bravo! Very Happy
Special Effect has nailed everything downright but to make things easier...

Say the '|' is where you make your next decisive blow (e.g. a punch or a kick) and then this icon '-' is where you add either an anticipation or easing frame to emphasize each movement.

So for a kick:

----|---

A kick requires a fast movement in attack and then slightly eases off. Note I said slightly because over easing a kick removes its force.

Punch:

-----|----

More anticipation, but don't over-ease, that removes power.

These aren't what actual frames you should put, its just an attempt for a visual representation of easing and anticipation. If you watch tutorials on stonesbucket, then you will notice his tutorials are at 12 fps. 24 is double of 12, right? So you should put double the amount of frames (this includes anticipation, easing frames e.t.c)

Keep up the good work! Smile
Dark_Mercenary
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 71
Member experience: : 3491
Registration date : 2009-04-16

View user profile http://raw-anims.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnzaz on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:04 am

Cool thxs! Mine are at 24 FPS but before i had my tablet i had crappy mouse animations at 12 fps then when i made it faster it looked better, so im not used to it being so fast, and im trying to animate more frames. I understand what you mean by those frames of easing and anticipation, but i was wanting to know, could any of you make an animation at 24 FPS with a punch and kick that has anticipation and easing? then send me the .fla because it would really help me understand which way to animate it Smile i feel like if i cant animate it well then im letting you all down Sad but i'll just need to practise and look at tutorials Very Happy Thxs again

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katsu0 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 am

Pwnzaz that was amazing for a first. but you really need to work on easing and anticipation like special said. Also on like kicks and what-not instead of having 1 frame where the leg is outstretched, have like 3-4 or maybe even 5 frames. This is because if you have like 1 frame people can't tell whats going on it's way to fast but other than that keep it up.

p.s. The runs were almost perfect.

p.s.s. Study alot of anims, fbf them and notice how they ease alot. (fbf=frame by frame I case you didn't know.)

katsu0
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 41
Member experience: : 3349
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Stats
Credits: broke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pwnzaz on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 am

Thxs Katsuo! How do i frame by frame them? Smile

EDIT: i tried to double the frames to make it slower on the attack but it looks like its lagging! can i have some help please?

Pwnzaz
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down