GO TO THE NEW THEANIMPLANET.COM
Please select an action.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please select an action.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly train-your-skills-competition

2 posters

Go down

Weekly train-your-skills-competition Empty Weekly train-your-skills-competition

Post by Scythe Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

I was thinking about this site and how we are probably going to have medals and all that. And I thought about the old days, when I just started off around 4 years ago on the site SFDT. They had a weekly competition on the site wich was pretty cool, but I think we can do better!

I was thinking of something like this:

-Someone comes up with a subject once a week (this could be danny or anyone else. You could also make it that the winner of the last subject can make a new one.)

-An example of a subject could be, Animate an explosion wich has to be in 3 colors or more, has to have a beginning and end and should contain sound.

-There would be one competition each week with a different subject.

-Danny could decide who wins. I was also thinking of a poll system. You could have polls the week after the competition was, so you have 1 poll and 1 contest each week.

-For the winner you could make a custom "award" like a medal you can put in your signature or anywere else.

Any other ideas on this would be nice. Smile
Scythe
Scythe
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 53
Member experience: : 5696
Registration date : 2009-04-25

http://scythex2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Weekly train-your-skills-competition Empty Re: Weekly train-your-skills-competition

Post by KD Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 pm

That is quite a good idea. But with the weekly stickmation thing going on, it might not get too heavily used. It think they used to have something like that at FA. I also wouldn't be every week, because you would have to have a week for the poll, and of course, a rest. If you did it like that you could run it in parralel to the weekly stickmation thing.

good idea.
KD
KD
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 291
Member experience: : 6752

Stats
Credits: broke

Back to top Go down

Weekly train-your-skills-competition Empty Re: Weekly train-your-skills-competition

Post by Scythe Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Yea, I know. Your right about the stickmation collab thing. But thats more like a co-op from animators, so there is no competition element. People can animate something for this if they dont like the stickmation subject or after they made a part for it. Also if that would be a problem, you could also make it 2 weeks so you have a longer time to animate.
Scythe
Scythe
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 53
Member experience: : 5696

http://scythex2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KD Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Yea, I think that is a better idea. The more practice the better!
KD
KD
Rank-Pending
Rank-Pending

Number of posts : 291
Member experience: : 6752

Stats
Credits: broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down